We have a set of 6 core values which underpin everything that goes on across our school in both the Prep and Pre-Prep and inspire our children to give their best every single day.
These 6 values promote independence, resilience and a willingness to take on new challenges so that the children are best-placed to take their place in the world as kind, articulate, thoughtful and innovative contributors to society.
To live out our vision in practice we seek to:
· Value each child’s contribution, including that of their family, to school life and give them, whatever their ability, the opportunity to flourish both academically and personally.
· Teach our children to be independent learners with enquiring minds; to create a learning environment full of fun, challenge and enjoyment, where pupils can engage fully in all aspects of discussion and take pride in their achievements and those of others.
· Provide a breadth of opportunity including Philosophy for Children, the creative arts, sport, outdoor learning and an exceptionally wide range of extra-curricular activities, visits and residential trips.
· Place a high emphasis on pastoral care, mental health and well-being, social skills, emotional intelligence and character education.
· Create an environment where boys and girls can discover their unique passions and talents and be encouraged to develop them fully.
· Build a supportive, cohesive and open-minded environment of pupils, parents, staff which respects and values diversity and is reflective and focused on continuous improvement.
· Provide expertise and support for pupils and families in their transition to senior school.