We have a set of core values with associated characteristics which underpin all that we seek to achieve and develop in all areas of our school.
In our richly diverse school family at Oakfield we are unwavering in our belief that happy children learn and flourish. We are committed to providing an exciting, all-round and forward-thinking educational experience which begins with the nurturing of each child’s individuality when they first join us. Creating a supportive school environment which promotes independence, resilience and a willingness to take on new challenges is highly important to us as we encourage our children to be the very best that they can be and take their place in the world as kind, articulate, thoughtful and innovative contributors to society.
Respect features strongly and is something we learn from each other. The school belongs to all of us and thus we share the responsibility and the enjoyment.
To live out our vision in practice, we aim to:
· Value each child’s contribution, including that of their family, to school life and give them, whatever their ability, the opportunity to flourish both academically and personally.
· Teach our children to be independent learners with enquiring minds; to create a learning environment full of fun, challenge and enjoyment, where pupils can engage fully in all aspects of discussion and take pride in their achievements and those of others.
· Provide a breadth of opportunity including Philosophy for Children, the creative arts, sport, outdoor learning and an exceptionally wide range of extra-curricular activities, visits and residential trips.
· Place a high emphasis on pastoral care, mental health and well-being, social skills, emotional intelligence and character education.
· Create an environment where boys and girls can discover their unique passions and talents and be encouraged to develop them fully.
· Build a supportive, cohesive and open-minded environment of pupils, parents, staff which respects and values diversity and is reflective and focused on continuous improvement.
· Provide expertise and support for pupils and families in their transition to senior school.